Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Endless Possibilities

In elementary school, I took classes that involved almost every subject: English, math, art, music, etc. They are used to give us options and to see what becomes of interest of us. Going into middle school, teachers told me that there was still a long road to college, but that I should be aware of what I do want to eventually become. In high school, there was more focus on planning for college and what you want to become. The problem is, I didn't have a solid plan. Now in college, majoring in Math and Secondary with a minor in Chinese language and literature, things seem to have gotten worse. In high school, I wasn't able to explore many of the different interest that were offered. I have a passion for math and could see myself in front of a class shaping future generations. However, this isn't the only thing I see myself doing. When I pick up my guitar or play chords on the piano, I could picture myself in stage performing. When I learn a new language, I could see myself traveling the world exploring that country. I'm locked in what I've chosen as a study, but with every opportunity I get to try something new, it seems that I enjoy it. I believe that I haven't figured out anything at all.
1. How do you know what to choose for  major?
2. What do you do with your passions?
3. If you could picture yourself doing it, should it be pursued?
4. Should the income be taken into consideration?
5. If I chose something, would there be regret in other things?
6. Is there a way to rule out some of the things I like so that I could focus on one?
7. How do I(you) know which passion to follow?
8. Should others opinions be taken into consideration?

No comments:

Post a Comment